ZEE5 consolidates its prominence in south, celebrates the success of its Tamil content.

Chennai, March, 2023: ZEE5, India and Bharat’s largest homegrown video streaming platform, celebrates the success of their marquee, original Tamil content line-up with titles like Vilangu, Ayali, and Paper Rocket. Capturing the hearts of Tamil audiences across the globe, ZEE5 clocked a 54% increase in viewer base and a 63% increase in active user base in the Tamil region in the last 12 months. The watch time for Tamil content per day increased by 23%.

Bolstering its content library further, ZEE5 forayed into the Tamil entertainment industry last year with a diverse slate of Tamil originals featuring the best of industry talent. Authentically bringing alive the cultural nuances of the region with fresh plots and compelling narratives, ZEE5’s Tamil slate garnered popularity and appreciation amongst consumers and critics alike. Entering the 100 million streaming club, Vilangu and Ayali are the top two titles while the response has been equally encouraging for Paper Rocket, Valimai, Yaanai, Coffee with Kadhal and Veetle Vishesham.

Speaking on the success, Mr. Manish Kalra, Chief Business Officer, ZEE5 India said, “We, at ZEE5, are happy to receive an encouraging response at the very onset of our journey in this region. The advantages of following a consumer-first approach in curating the Tamil slate has worked successfully for us, taking us closer to the hearts of the Tamil audiences. Our growth is a testament to our market understanding in identifying and catering to audiences’ entertainment needs with increased choices like exclusive originals, blockbuster movies, international sports, TV+ content at different price points allowing them to explore and engage. Going forward, our focus will remain on sustaining the growth trend and scaling up our investments in the Tamil entertainment industry. We appreciate the support from the creative ecosystem and look forward to more collaborations as we bolster our Tamil content line-up with real, relatable and quality storytelling.”

Mr. Siju Prabhakaran, Chief Cluster Officer – South, ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. said,”We have sojourned in the OTT space with a very confident outlook and understanding of the market. Our creative experimentation this year has had us pushing the envelope and presenting unconventional narratives that transcended traditional barriers of what people expect on OTT. Ayali, for instance, with its poignant take on girl child education, may not have ticked every box for an OTT show but the way it has caught on with audiences is heartening and opens up interesting new spaces for us to build characters and content in. On the other hand, Paper Rocket spoke to the young, millennial audiences, taking them on a joyride of emotions, entertainment and excitement. We are proud to have built a library of content that caters to the diverse tastes of our viewers. Going forward, the idea is to continue innovating, experimenting and produce compelling stories that are true to the land, have a strong moral and cultural compass, help our viewers navigate change by offering a fresh perspective and above everything else, bring people together.”

The next exciting content offering on ZEE5 Tamil is Sengalam starring the immensely popular Kalaiarasan and Vani Bhojan. Written and directed by SR Prabhakaran, the show is rooted in Madurai culture and centers around three brothers of an influential family who are on a mission for revenge and the intriguing dynamics of politics and power-play between them.

Currently the highest growing OTT platform in India as per latest industry reports, ZEE5 is known for its diversified content across 100+ taste clusters and its focus on real, relevant, and resonant storytelling. Today, ZEE5 is home to 5 lakhs+ hours of on-demand content and 160+ live TV channels. With a rich library of over 3,400+ films; 200+ TV shows, 170+ originals, ZEE5 offers content in 12 Indian languages: English, Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, and Punjabi, and 6 international languages. The platform has an exciting line-up for 2023 that will add to its extensive library of content offering a wider array of catalog to entertainment seekers.

Leave a Reply

Translate »