Apollo Hospitals alarms increase in Inflammatory Bowel Disease in youngsters in our country

Fast changing lifestyle, dietary pattern and environmental pollution contribute to the increase of Inflammatory Bowel Disease..

Chennai, January 2023: Apollo Hospitals, Asia’s foremost trusted integrated healthcare group and Tamil Nadu Gastroenterologist Trust will jointly organize a conclave to educate doctors, patients and health care professionals on the increasing Gastro and Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Highly acclaimed faculty from USA, UK to address over 300 delegates from across the globe during the one day conclave which will be held on Sunday, 22nd January 2023.

Evaluation, Therapy, Tackling complex scenarios, complications, management of Acute Severe Ulcerative Colitis and recent advances in IBD management will be addressed by the top faculties during the conclave. Apollo Hospitals hopes that this high level learning will translate into real benefits to improved treatment outcomes and patient experiences in near future.

Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) is a condition characterised by relapsing inflammation and ulceration of the intestines, affecting both young and the elderly.IBD is a long term condition, patients suffering from this condition need long term medical care including regular investigations, medication and follow up.

Results from the recent study conducted by Apollo hospitals in the south revealed most of the people with IBD were young educated graduates. Apollo Hospital aims this platform will bring national and international faculties together on one stage to directly address some of the complex and pertinent issues in the diagnosis and treatment of IBD.

Speaking to the mediaDr. K.R Palaniswamy, Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist Apollo Hospitals said “Due to fast changing lifestyle, dietary pattern and possibly other factors including environmental pollution, it is quite timely that this conclave will help practicing clinicians of our country to be equipped with Up-to-date knowledge and skills for diagnosing IBD in our population and manage it in a cost effective manner

Dr.Basumani, Consultant Gastroenterologist, Apollo Hospitalsaid, Inflammatory bowel disease is on the rise especially in developing nations such as ours. Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are frequently misdiagnosed or under treated, considering the rising prevalence especially among those less than 40 years of age, prompt diagnosis and appropriate treatment is a must”

Two bowel disease have been increasing alarmingly in incidence in our country in recent years. One is Inflammatory Bowel Disease – a longterm condition of relapsing and remitting inflammation of the intestines. The other is bowel (colon) cancer, which when detected early carries a good outcome.

Apollo hospitals is equipped with a path breaking advanced technology to detect these conditions and treat them with the latest medication. Both conditions need a special test for diagnosis, staging and assessing treatment. Colonoscopy procedure enables doctors to examine the lining of the colon and remove small lumps in the lining of the colon called polyps which can become cancer after some years if left untreated.

As an extension of this conclave Apollo Speciality Hospitals Vanagaram will conduct a 4 day Workshop from 23rdtill 26th January for Sixsenior doctors and six trainee doctors from Tamil Nadu on Colonoscopy skills.

About Apollo Hospitals:

Apollo revolutionized healthcare when Dr Prathap Reddy opened our first hospital in Chennai in 1983. Today Apollo is the world’s largest vertically integrated healthcare platform serving over 200 million patients through 10,000 beds across 71 hospitals, 5,000 pharmacies and over 400 clinics and diagnostic centers as well as 150 telemedicine centers. It is the world’s leading cardiac center with over 160,000 surgeries and the world’s largest private cancer care provider. Apollo continues to invest in research to bring the most cutting-edge technologies, equipment and treatment protocols to ensure our patients have the best available care in the world. Our 100,000 employees are dedicated to bringing you the best care on earth and leaving the world better than we found it.

Leave a Reply

Translate »